Ski Operations and Contracts Executive
PGL are currently looking to recruit a Ski Operations and Contracts Executive to join the team based at PGL’s Head Office.
As the Ski Operations and Contracts Executive, you will be pivotal to ensuring that all operational aspects of ski groups’ tour arrangements to run smoothly. This role has a strong emphasis on negotiating contracts and booking services with hoteliers, agents and other suppliers ensuring our ski courses packages remain competitive and provide a high level of customer service.
Contact type: Permanent
Wage: £21,000 - £23,000 with potential for Company bonuses
- Sourcing and contracting all operational ski suppliers for the designated countries above,
- Ensuring we meet all health & safety requirements and all our suppliers are audited in line with STF guidelines;
- Maintaining relationships with ski hoteliers and agents and sourcing new bed stock to enhance our programme;
- Monitoring ski hotels, agents and suppliers to ensure customers receive a high level of service; Negotiating competitive prices and recording all costs for forecasting purposes as well as enabling good cost control;
- Assisting with the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of all pre-season ski rep training; Ensuring all PGL ski reps are provided with relevant information for their trip;
- Assisting the International team with operational aspects in the UK for group travel, excursions and escorted travel for individual guests in the UK over the summer months.
This is an exciting role requiring initiative, resourcefulness, strong negotiating skills, excellent communication and organisation and good attention to detail.
Knowledge of skiing and ski resorts would be required and a competent level of French, Spanish or Italian would be a bonus, but not essential.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate a talent for juggling several tasks and who is calm under pressure.
Some flexibility with working hours will be required with time off in lieu being given where work falls into an evening or over a weekend during peak winter or summer travel dates. Some travel will be required and will include overnight stays due to contracting and PR trips out to our ski resorts as well as around four weekends residential work in the autumn to deliver Rep’s training courses at one of our UK activity centres.
For further information please see the job description and personal specification below:
If you have any further question regarding this role please contact the Recruitment Team on 0333 3212 123 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PGL's Head Office is based at Alton Court, on the outskirts of the small town of Ross-on-Wye in Herefordshire. Up to 170 people work at the site and as a result, PGL is one of the town's key employers. Alton Court is a sociable, energising place to work.